Export In Dubai,Find popular product category list.Learn how to get started from the ground level.
You wish to develop or start your import-export activity and you wish to export to Dubai? Well, in this article we will explain what products you can think of exporting to Dubai. We will also explain important requirements and procedures when exporting to Dubai. We are looking at how to enter the Dubai market and get orders from Dubai importers.
But before you start, it’s important to understand a few basics about the business environment and culture unique to Dubai. As this directly or indirectly affects commercial activity in Dubai.
1. Business environment in Dubai
First, Dubai is a re-export and constitutes the gateway to the other cities of the UEA.
In fact, in terms of natural resources, Dubai has little to export. They have turned into one of the main cities in the world in terms of financial activities and services. They are already bringing together all the producers in the world in Dubai and Dubai to re-export goods to other countries.
Dubai is one of the most dynamic cities in the UEA.
It has a business environment,gold there are free trade areas where foreigners can have full ownership. Dubai has an open banking system and implements a strong privatization policy. It is a good place to open and operate export-import trade.
It has modern infrastructure, a world class business environment. Dubai’s economy is diverse, including sectors such as international trade, finance, banking, goods, travel, real estate and public manufacturing.
Dubai supports foreign manufacturers with an inexpensive but efficient financial services system. All in order to attract imports of products to Dubai for re-production and re-export.
Dubai does not collect corporate income.The tax and other taxes are very low. Companies entering Dubai will receive financial support if they have representative offices / companies or rents
warehouses in free zones.
At the Jabal Ali port in Dubai, there are around 170 shipping companies operating worldwide. The shipping period in East Africa is 8 days, the longest in Oceania is 27 days. There are 90 flights a week and 15 million containers a year.
For companies around the world to trade their products, Dubai has established 13 huge markets in the Al Ras and Grand Al Ras regions. Markets in the free trade areas of Dubai, in particular: spice market, gold market, perfume market, fabric market, food markets… The traders in these markets are mainly wholesalers and anyone can buy several containers in the 13 markets.
1.2. Why should you do import-export business with Dubai
- Dubai has a very good infrastructure, supporting all kinds of business enterprises
- Strong and a reliable banking system
- The political system is stable
- Many free zones allow the company to have 100% foreign capital and a zero tax regime
- Many areas of continuous development and innovation, including Sadiyaat Island in Abu Dhabi, the city of Mohammed Bin Rashid in Dubai and the master plan of Fujairah.
- Dubai is a hub for re-export and an ideal gateway to enter the UEA
- Dubai and the UEA is a rich place, businesses and citizens have a high purchasing power.
- Very good seaports and airports – making export / import of goods quick and cheap.
- Very good location for international trade, close to Asia and Africa.
1.3. Some of the challenges if you are doing import-export business with Dubai
- If you open an export and import business in Dubai, foreign companies from non-GCC countries will have limited ownership of the shares. in Dubai (as a rule, local businesses must own 51% of the company)
- Although English is recognized as a business language, Arabic remains the main language and documents are often written in Arabic.
When you do business with Dubaian importers and customers, keep in mind that, you must understand and accept the culture.
Do not actively shake hands with women, eat, drink or smoke in public places, in front of Muslims during the fasting month of Ramadan. Above all, do not organize negotiations, meetings or business promotion during the month of Ramadan.
1.4. Import-export activity in Dubai
Imports from Dubai represent around 70% of the total UAE import demand. Main products imported from Dubai include consumer products
goods, food, cement, production materials and other semi-finished products.
Dubai’s exports strongly include oil and gas products, as well as metals. Most of the products that Dubai exports have been imported previously from India or other Asian or African countries. After importing to Dubai, local companies do the processing and the products will then be re-exported at higher prices.
Dubai companies may not grow fresh tea, cashews… but they have factories processing tea and nuts worldwide. This is the strategy for them to attract 65% of producers, to import goods for reprocessing – finished, then re-exported to the world.
Dubai is an international business center and hub for all kinds of trade shows. In Dubai, there are exhibitions and fairs for all tastes. Are you a small player or a multinational the business, for sure, there will be an appropriate exhibition taking place for your business in Dubai.
In addition to showrooms, Dubai also offers companies around the world excellent logistics services: free zones with free warehouses for companies, warehouse rental companies per m3 per day.
2. What products does Dubai import
As you already know, Dubai accounts for 70% of the total UAE import demand. It imports a wide choice of goods. You will find below a list of the most imported products in Dubai.
Below is a list of the top 10 products imported by Dubai.
- Natural or cultured pearls, precious or semi-precious stones, precious metals
- Electrical machinery and equipment and rooms
- Machines, mechanical devices, nuclear reactors
- Vehicles other than railway or tram rolling stock
- Mineral fuels, mineral oils and products of their distillation
- Goods not otherwise specified
- Articles of iron or steel
- Aircraft, spacecraft and parts thereof
- Plastics and articles thereof
- Optical, photographic, cinematographic, measurement equipment.
As dubai is re-export hub and gateway to the United Arab Emirates, it is therefore reasonable to look at all imports from the United Arab Emirates. Based on data presented by ITC business plan, the UAE matters at 2018 is as follows:
To see the full list of UAE imports, you can view it here
As you can see, at the top, there are precious items like jewelry, precious metals, coins, neckless, etc. These items are mainly imported to Dubai and AUE from India and African countries. India is also one of Dubai’s main trading partners. So we will have alok, what are the main products you can export to Dubai from India.
You will find below the most exported products from India to Dubai and AUE.
2.1. Main exports to Dubai from India
According to ITC’s trade map, the most imported products from India to WUA are:
- Natural or cultured pearls, precious or semi-precious objects
- Mineral fuels, mineral oils and products of their distillation.
- Electrical machinery and equipment
- Ships, boats and floating structures
- Articles of clothing and clothing.
- Articles of clothing and clothing
- Machines, mechanical devices, nuclear reactors
- Organic chemicals
- Articles of iron or steel
As you can see, the first main products exported to AUE from India are evenas the main products imported from Dubai. It means thatIndiahas significant potential to further increase the export of these products to the AEU and Dubai. This is so, because the volume of demand for example: the jewelry imported by Dubai is enormous. And India isMajor and very competitive exporter of jewelry, pearls and precious objects.
2.2. India’s biggest export opportunities to Dubai
Let’s take a closer look at some of the best products that you could export to Dubai a WUA from India and other Asian and African countries.
From India to Dubai, the following product categories present the greatest export opportunities.
you see on the graph, the greatest unmatched export potential is again for diamonds, pearls, precious metals, as well as gold items. In addition, telephones and other voice / image transmission devices are the product which faces a large increase in demand and export opportunities for Indian exporters.
There is also a stable demand for food products. Importers from Dubai regularly import huge volumes of rice and vegetables from India. In addition, seafood products are in demand by importers from Dubai. Seafood has great potential as seafood has an “0” import tax applied, which increases its demand forDubais importers.
The opportunity also exists with crafts articles because now the construction speed in Dubai is increasing rapidly, leading
on demand for interior decoration products.
And another important point, Because, Dubai is mainly re-export center. About 33% of Dubai’s exports are re-exported, so it makes sense to they are strongly reflected in its imports.
3. Dubai exports
The United Arab Emirates are members of the World Trade Organization and the Emirates are an important partner for around 32 countries worldwide. The main export products include natural gas and crude oil, as well as food and products will be re-exported. Dubai also exports metals, such as aluminum or copper, where the main export partners are Japan, South Korea, Thailand, India and Iran.
Below is the top 10 exports from Dubai
- Mineral fuels, including petroleum: approximately (22.4% of total exports)
- Gems, precious metals: approximately (15.1%)
- Electrical machinery and equipment: approximately (7.7%)
- Machines, including computers: approximately (5.2%)
- Vehicles: approximately (4%)
- Aluminum: approximately (2%)
- Tobacco manufacturing substitutes: approximately (1.7%)
- Plastics, plastic items: approximately (1.7%)
- Planes, spacecraft: approximately (1%)
- Perfumes, cosmetics: approximately (0.8%
The main export markets of Dubai are China, Japan, Korea, Middle Eastern countries, also India, Europe, USA.
But knowing only that the rights to the products that could be exported to Dubai are not enough to start a successful export business with Dubai and enter the Dubai market.
You should know how to export to Dubai and what are the procedures and documents required by Dubai Customs to export to Dubai. the dubai.
4. Import regulations for export to Dubai
Dubai, like the other emirates of the UAE, imposed at maximum import duty of 4% of CAF value of products (including prices, premiums, freight). Food, pharmaceutical products and other necessities are exempt from tax. In contrast, tobacco and alcohol is taxed at 25-50%.
If you wish to export to Dubai, you must clearly indicate all the requirements and all the documents that you must provide to your Dubaian importer. Some of the following import requirements do not apply to an exporter, but it is always good to knowwhat these are.
- Import license to Dubai
Importers are only allowed to import elements related to the business sector listed in the license issued by the authorities.
All imported agricultural products, including beef and poultry products, must country of origin medical quarantine certificate and certificate to kill according to Islamic law (halal).
NB! The goods prohibited from entering this market are: pork and lard.
These certificates are issued by the Muslim center in the country of origin. Halal certification is an independent, objective third party review process to confirm that specific products / services meet the requirements of Halal standards and Sharia law. Muslims only trust products with Halal certification marks.
Dubai offers import incentives from one of the member states of the Cooperation Council for the Arab Gulf States (CCASG), Kuwait, Oman and Qatar andSaudi Arabia. As a result, goods imported to Dubai from these countries, there is no import duty
- Documents required to export to Dubai
Everything is fine imported to Dubai must have standard import documents. Consequently, for cleared of goods, there must be the necessary documents as follows:
- including sea waybill (for goods transported by sea) or air waybill (for air cargo))
- certificate of origin and other types of documents issued by the competent authorities of the exporting country or certified by the Embassy of Dubai.
- Pro forma invoice and sale-purchase contract.
- Product specification which specifies the use, the name of the manufacturer, the importer, the composition of the product, the date of manufacture and the expiration date. All must be in English and Arabic on the packaging of products / food products: processed food, canned food, drinks.
- Sale-purchase contract between exporter and exporter.
- Exporting goods packing list.
4.1 Temporary import to Dubai
Dubai import regulations allow the temporary importation of duty free goods and their storage in any free economic zone of Dubai. However, components, when used to produce export products, will be taxed.
Given that import tariffs in Dubai are low (probably the lowest in the world), domestic producers do not view taxes as an obstacle to their business.
4.2. Trade barriers to customs, non-tariff and import duties
Only companies with a commercial license can register for import / export in Dubai. For religious and security reasons, the importation of alcoholic products, cigarettes, personal danceand pork is limited.
Dubai maintains non-tariff barriers to trade and investment by setting rigorous standards for agents, sponsors, distributors and by imposing strict requirements for food products.
As you can see, Dubai is not very regulated and the procedures for importing and exporting to Dubai are relatively simple and quick for exporters from India and other countries.
5. How to get Dubai import orders
Now we are dealing with the most important topics for many exporters. Finding Dubai importers is the key to growing your import-export business. Although the population is only 3.2 million, Dubai consumers are wealthy customers, the per capita income is over $ 20,000 per year, so the purchasing power is huge in this market. In addition, Dubai companies are wealthy.
To find importers from Dubai, you need to know what are the channels to find importers and buyers from Dubai.
5.1. Find Dubaian Customers Online
It is the easiest way. You can search for partners on B2B channels on websites, forums of the industry that interests you. After getting the company information, you can search the company website and send an email to introduce your company and call directly to build trust.
5.2. Use the Internet and the Website to Market Your Products
To use Internet Marketing for your import-export business, start with the steps below.
- Create a quality website and you can update the necessary information on your company’s latest product. Download images of products, production plants, your company’s production processes, etc. to improve your reliability in marketing in Dubai
- Online search engine optimization (SEO) plays an important role fora modern corporate website. In order to optimize your site and make it discoverable by Dubai importers, you can start by looking for a supplier of products similar to your company’s product.
- Connect with social media like Facebook, Twitter, Plaxo and start promoting these channels regularly.
- Youtube; Flicker, e-Magazines can also be used to increase your reach with potential importers from Dubai.
5.3. Take part in fairs, exhibitions
In Dubai, there is a trade fair in the global village which takes place for 3 consecutive months. The articles displayed there are exempt from tax. Therefore, it is a good opportunity for companies to approach and seek Dubai partners and importers directly.
5.4. Visit Dubai’s markets in the free trade zone
As you know, there are 13 different open markers in the free trade areas of Dubai. There are food, spice, gold / jewelry, seafood, electronics markersandother. It would be wise to visit these markets personally, make new contacts, learn about the market and prices, demands, trends and get new importers (customers).
5.5. Use the Dubai International and Local Chamber of Commerce
It is a traditional way of finding foreign customers and importers in different countries. In Dubai, to find local importers for different products, it is a viable option if your export import company is well established and you have the possibility of investing large sums to find partners.
Hope this article will help you to know about exporting in Dubai and how to deal with importers.We will post article keep visiting.Thank you